Strona Główna

Home    FAQ    Mapa Google    Szukaj    Użytkownicy    Grupy
 Rejestracja    Zaloguj    Album    Chat    Download  

Poprzedni temat «» Następny temat
What do you guys in Poland think about the 20V engine ?
Autor Wiadomość
mareabrazil

Wysłany: 2013-05-06, 22:24   What do you guys in Poland think about the 20V engine ?

Hello, my name is Fabio Glinski and I'm from Brazil.

Its nice to see that others(than Brazilians) like Mareas. There's a lot of people that like this car here, but a lot hate it too :)

This car got a really bad reputation because of the 20v engine. The car have a image that the engine is made of glass :571:

I would like to know, how is the reputation of the car in Poland ?

The produtction of the Marea in Brazil was between 1998 until 2007.

Obs: I'm the owner of a Marea Sedan Turbo.

Reklama  

Model: Sedan
Silnik: Benzyna
Pojemność: 280hp
Wysłany: Dzisiaj 1:02   Warto się zalogować!

karwoj25  
Administrator
4321 litrów ON :)

Model: Weekend
Silnik: Diesel
Pojemność: 1910
Rok produkcji: 1999
Wysłany: 2013-05-06, 22:46   

Hello Fabio :)
Your surname sounds very similar to polish surnames :) actually it's polish surname, which is spelled Gliński in Poland :)
mareabrazil napisał/a:
I would like to know, how is the reputation of the car in Poland ?
Well, a lot of people in Poland have got very bad opinion about Fiat cars in general. It's caused by 70' and 80' in Poland.
In polish conditions the 2.0 20V engine is quite strong, because here in Europe it has 147 or 155HP while the most popular engines are about 100-120HP. A lot of cars in Poland are imported from other european countries, with high mileage and unknown history. Thus, a lot of 2.0 engines are exploited and need to have renovation. New buyers don't know about it and they complain about this engine.
mareabrazil napisał/a:
Obs: I'm the owner of a Marea Sedan Turbo.

please show us your car in this section: http://mareaclubpolska.pl/viewforum.php?f=23

BTW:
Cytat:

OK
Cytat:

OK, too :)
Cytat:
Pojemność: 300hp

"Pojemność" means engine capacity, not HP :)

You can add your position on our Google map:
http://mareaclubpolska.pl/googlemap.php

tomasz_  
AR 156 SW GQ

Model: Inny
Pojemność: 1.9 JTD ,150
Rok produkcji: 2005
Wysłany: 2013-05-07, 00:00   

mareabrazil napisał/a:
This car got a really bad reputation because of the 20v engine. The car have a image that the engine is made of glass

It has a bad reputation because many people who actually drive Fiats with the R5 engine have no clue that it is quite fragile and needs lots of attention. You have to warm the engine up a bit, and only then can you really give it the beans. An oil change would be a good idea more often than you may think, as the bearing bush on the crankshaft is one of the most common malfuction of the engine.

And here comes the suspension which clearly isn't Marea's strength. Especially when it faces roads as bumpy as a teenager's face. The ride is very comfortable but on the roads like ours its not very durable. On the other hand spare parts are not so expensive so we can live with that.

Fiat's reputation in Poland is not very good if I am honest. Many people in Poland are superstitious, say that Fiat is a piece of junk that brakes all the time. Sadly, Lancias and Alfas have the same general opinion. But there are Fiat enthusiasts such as us, who favour their cars more than any other.

Its great to have u here Fabio, all the way from Brazil. Cant wait to see your Marea.

Cheers

mareabrazil  

Wysłany: 2013-05-07, 01:32   

Hello,

My grandparents came to Brazil running away from World War 2. I'm polish from my father's family :) But, despite that, I found this forum via YouTube (in a nice video of 2 mareas playing Freestylers - Cracks begging to show as the background song, COOL VIDEO).

Unfortunately, Fiat has the same reputation here. With the Marea was no different... Our problems are very similars, the car got a bad reputation because of bad owners, that can't handle the 20V engine properly. (We call it FiveTech here)

All the good owners here know that you can only rev the car with the temperature indicator in the middle and we are used to change the oil every 4.000km (with the oil filter). About the suspension, yes it suffers a lot here because of the roads conditions :( But still it is very fragille comparing to others cars.

But, by far, the worst thing here is the price of spare parts... They are all imported from Italy and Brazil have a abusive tax system. The parts come to Brazil costing 60%+... We have to import by ourselves(and avoid taxes) a lot of stuff to keep our cars running. Despite of that we have some Mareas Turbo with 600hp+ running smooth and even competing on official drag races.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrQvU2o8DnY (Look the sound of that monster on second gear :o )

Tomorrow I will post pictures...

Thank you all for the replies is very nice to talk with other culture about our beloved Fiat Marea!!!

karwoj25  
Administrator
4321 litrów ON :)

Pojemność: 1910
Wysłany: 2013-05-07, 10:21   

Polish people love german cars, even if they are more expensive, older and full of rust :D
I have been thinking about Marea 2.0, but I have calculated the upkeep of this car and decided to buy Marea with diesel engine :) 1.9JTD is not as fast as 2.0, but I'm not a race driver :)
mareabrazil napisał/a:
the worst thing here is the price of spare parts...

can you give some example prices of spare parts? E.g. brake pads, clutch or radiator? I will compare it with with prices in Poland :)

mareabrazil  

Wysłany: 2013-05-07, 17:15   

karwoj25 napisał/a:
mareabrazil napisał/a:
the worst thing here is the price of spare parts...

can you give some example prices of spare parts? E.g. brake pads, clutch or radiator? I will compare it with with prices in Poland :)

Brake pads, clutch, radiator and other simple parts, curiously are cheap.

But parts like MAF(Mass Air Filter) of the 2.0 20v Turbos, costs around U$1500 (I will put in dollar so you can have an idea heheheh)

tomasz_  
AR 156 SW GQ

Wysłany: 2013-05-07, 18:43   

mareabrazil napisał/a:
But parts like MAF(Mass Air Filter) of the 2.0 20v Turbos, costs around U$1500 (I will put in dollar so you can have an idea heheheh)

Thats quite a lot, but a passion always comes at a price.

Just like karwoj25, I owned Marea 1.9 JTD, but it lived a hard life before I've bought it and is now, sadly, dissasembled. My next purchase will be another Marea with a bigger engine thou, 2.0 20V R5 to be precise. Cant wait to hear the mighty roar..

Energetyk  
Kappa Sedan

Pojemność: 2.0 20V Turbo
Wysłany: 2013-05-07, 19:34   

mareabrazil, I have a little question to you on a different topic. How much are cost fuel in Brazil? I've read a few articles has the purpose where people writing of ridiculous gasoline prices compared to our Polish reality. To explain, in Poladn middle cost of 1 liter gasoline (Pb95) cost something about 1,60-1,80$. But in last year price 2$ in some places don't be something strange :shock:

If You have cheap gasoline, being the ovner 2.0 20V Marea could be a pleasure :-) Even for the same sound :-D

I could buy beautiful Marea with 2.0 engine but cost of service brought me to the ground... But in future, who knows :-)

Mój kanał YouTube

mareabrazil  

Wysłany: 2013-05-07, 20:16   

Energetyk, The gasoline here is expensive too, but a little less than Poland. It costs around U$1,50 the liter... The problem is that our gasoline is the worst piece of crap ever. They mix water and ethanol (benzyna ?) together.

So I think we have the same problems regarding fuel prices :D

@tomasz_, best of lucky with your future 20V.

My turbo is my second marea, my first was a 2.4 20V. One of the things that make me love the car is the sound.

Who couldn't like this sound ? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYbLClQ5hJk

tomasz_  
AR 156 SW GQ

Wysłany: 2013-05-07, 20:28   

mareabrazil, that blow off valve sound is absolutely BRUTAL!

Uako  

Pojemność: 1.8 16V
Rok produkcji: 1997
Wysłany: 2013-05-08, 07:44   

The R5 engine is a masterpiece of engineering :) I also would like to buy one in the nearest future (next spring/summer)

kamilf  

Silnik: Benzyna+Gaz
Pojemność: 2000
Rok produkcji: 1997
Wysłany: 2013-05-15, 13:52   

Masterpiece of engeenering is V12 engine from BMW E32 swapped into E34 or E36 :) Our R5 is just a good engine, and any of repairs in my Weekend with this engine are terrible because there is no free place to put tools :)
But for sure if i could buy it again, i definitely want this car with this engine, there is enough power to drive well with family, and to show some dumbass that it really go faster than them, even without tuned exhaust :D

Odpowiedz do tematu